Friday 28 November 2014

Risk Assessment/REECE

In the lead up to taking my pictures for my front cover, contents page and double page spread, i had to decide the locations. it was between an outdoor area or indoor area. The outdoor area was a field/forest near my house which has interesting trees and the autumnal leaves. However i didn't think this suited my music genre which is pop because I think this could suit more indie pop/rock. The indoor area is either in my bedroom or the green screen at school. I thought would be a good idea because i wanted to change the background colour but i decided in the end to do it in my bedroom because my walls are pink so i think it will compliment my music genre more because my magazine is mostly directed towards girls.I had my photo shoot in my bedroom and didn't want any health and safety hazard whilst taking photographs, I think there are less hazards inside than in outdoor conditions.

Risk 1:
Having loose wires on the floor could lead to my model tripping over and injuring herself.

How was it resolved?
I chose to take my photographs in front of a plain wall in my bedroom to act like a green screen. I made sure there were no wires near my model or myself neither on the floor or loosely hanging down.

Risk 2:
Having extreme temperatures whilst shooting e.g. outside conditions could lead to the model getting cold quickly and inside in front of many lights could hurt the model's eyes and the lights can create heat.

How was it resolved?
I had my photo shoot inside and had my bedroom light on as normal and a more direct bright light to make the effect look like a spotlight. I pointed the light over the model so she didn't have to look directly into the light. I also let my model rest whenever she felt slightly hot and a drink on hand.

Risk 3:
Having a electric sockets near the model could lead to a electric shock.

How was it resolved?
I didn't have any sockets turned on or near the set up area.

Risk 4:
Having furniture in the way so the model finds it claustrophobic.

How was it resolved?
I did have a photo frame up on my wall where I chose to take photos, therefore i took it down and took out the screws so the model would be safe in the area and won't have to be careful of the photo frame.I also moved my bed away from wall a bit more so i had enough room to take the photos and so i didn't have to balance on the bed to take the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment