Friday 28 November 2014

My Original Photographs

Location?
I choose to have my photo shoot inside because most pop magazines have it in a professional studio so i thought i would try the same effect from a plain background. I took the photographs in my bedroom on one of my plain walls which is a pale pink colour. I think this will appeal to my target audience which is mainly woman.
Who did i take the photos of?
 I captured the photos of my younger sister because she is 15 years old and my target audience is from 15 to 25 therefore i thought she fit the brief of a youthful pop magazine. I found it was hard to take pictures at school of my friends because we never time to do it. Therefore I thought my sister was the best option because i always see her and it meant i could take longer on the hair, makeup, clothing and the photo shoot itself.
Clothing?
 My model wore a plain peach/pink coloured top because i didn't want it to be the main attention of the photograph.
The way i captured my photographs?
 I chose to only take close up photographs because in a variety of pop magazines i have saw they usually have a head shot on the front page, so the main attention is of the singer/band.
My set up?
My set up was in my bedroom on a plain pink wall and I used a bright light in the photo shoot but directed down over the model because i think it made the pictures look more professional.


Hair and Makeup?
For hair she had a braid at the front of her head to keep the hair out her face and it looks nice and will set a fashion trend. For makeup i kept the face quite simple and natural because my sister has freckles and i didn't want to cover them. I think it is different to see someone with freckles on a pop magazine because usually they have quite plain flawless faces therefore it makes my model stand out and be unique. On the right side of the face i decided to try some face paint to make the photograph more interesting. I used the colours pink and white and added silver glitter, i think this looked very effective on camera. On the lips I used a bright pink and added some of the silver glitter in the middle of the lips so the light reflects off it.Here is a picture of the hair and makeup:

Photographs from the Photo Shoot:

I chose the photo below as my front cover (main image) because i think it is the most effective. i like how she is not looking directly at the camera because it goes against other pop magazines that I have taken inspiration from and makes it look more unique. My model has her arm over her head I think this is a abstract and not a predictive pop pose therefore i think it goes against some pop conventions but i want to make my magazine stand out.


I used the 4 photos below on my double page spread because they were all very different because she was posing different with a different facial expression. These photos are very clear and good quality and go together really well.



The photos I didn't use:

I didn't use the first photos because the quality wasn't as good as the others above and I didn't think the pose and facial expression portrayed pop. The second photo didn't have very good lighting and had a different background and I wanted all the photos to have the same background. The last photo was a good photo but the light hit her face weirdly and I didn't like the effect it made. The lighting on this photos was too light and wouldn't fit in with the other photos.















No comments:

Post a Comment