Wednesday 14 January 2015

Double page Spread-Interview

I chose to interview Beth (my singer) because I researched pop magazines for the same target audience. I found out that they either interview or write an article about the singer or band. I felt like an interview is more accurate as the magazine is talking to the person/people themselves and you get a real answer instead of an article just telling you facts about them. 
Here are some examples of interviews with big pop stars: 



    • This example is from 'Top of the Pop's' magazine and is an interview with a band called 'Union J' and I love the colour choice and the font family used on this double page spread. I got inspiration from this and used a similar layout of the text. I like the way the question is in one colour and the answer is another because this makes the writing stand out. As my target audience are young teens I need the text to be clear so it's to read. I like the colour squares behind the writing as it makes you want to read it and is very eye catching. However I would make them overlap and fade in to each other because it makes it look more interesting and abstract. In the bottom right corner it says 'More Union J over the page' and i think this entices the reader to read on and I used this in my double page spread. I like how the interviewer asks more casual questions because then you can get to know the person/people.

    • This example is from 'We love Pop' magazine and is an interview with 'Justin Bieber' and I got inspired by the left side of double page spread. I like the arrangement of pictures because it looks like a photo booth strip and looks very retro. I added a Polaroid frame around my four photos because at the moment this is very popular and pop magazines stay up to date with all the trends. The same as the last example they have coloured squares but are overlapped at different angles.
  • This is another example where i took a certain feature from this magazine and it was an inspiration for my own double page spread. The inspiration I took was the chose of photos and in the bottom right corner the magazine used a Polaroid frame which shows a fun vibe and shows they are on trend. I like the variation in text colour as it looks effective and would look boring in the same colour.


 
  • Here is another example from a pop magazine and the reason I have shown different examples is I don't want to just copy a magazine double page spread. Instead I'm taking different aspects from pop magazines and combining them together. The feature I like from this example is the layout of the double page spread, in particular the text arrangement. The text is in three columns and I think this makes it easier to read because all the text is together and not spread out. I had two columns on the left hand side and another column on the right hand side. and again I like the change in colour between the question and answer.








No comments:

Post a Comment