Friday 19 December 2014

Contents page

First Draft:

This is my first draft of my contents page, I like the layout of my contents page with the title going up the left side of the page. I think this is effective because the colour and font of the title stands out. I like the colour background as it clearly shows its a pop magazine and is interesting to girl viewers because of the colour. I chose to edit my photos with the same effect to make the photos look similar and I added a border around my three photos as it makes the photos look as they are polaroid's. Nowadays polaroid's are rising in popularity and a pop magazine needs to keep up to date.

However I didn't think the writing looks effective because I used the same basic font for it all and only used back font. I am going to improve this by using a different font for my sub-heading 'Inside this month...' and change the colour of the page number to make it stand out. I am also am going to change the three photos to one of Beth and then change the other two to go with the rest of the pages in the magazine e.g. a photo of Miley Cyrus or BBC music Awards or the Victoria Secret Show.

Second Draft:

This is my second draft of my contents page and I think I have improved from my first draft as it looks more realistic magazine. I changed the background and made it lighter because I think the first draft has a bright pink and took attention away front the rest of the contents page. I kept the same title as I liked but changed everything else except the layout of the page itself. I changed the second photo to the logo of the BBC Music Awards and then a photo of Miley Cyrus. I didn't change the border around the photos as I prefer it to no border.

 I changed the font of the sub-heading to 'Amatics Small Caps' I like this font because I used it on my front cover and I'm using the same fonts as its my font family and they look best together. I changed the colour of most of the font to the same as the title and changed the page numbers to a red colour to make it easier for the reader to go a certain page. However I don't like the background for the writing because I think its slightly distracting and I would make it lighter. I need to double check the spelling of my writing and I didn't make the background big enough for all the writing as 'models' overlaps on the background of the contents page. I like the font 'Lobster Two' because I think it is readable and the font looks girly.

Final design:
I used the same colour background and title as my other drafts but I changed what I wrote for the page descriptions. I added different coloured rectangles behind the text to make it stand out and changed it to be on the left hand side. I used pastel colours because all pop magazines use bright and pastel colours. I used the same three photos from the 2nd draft but added a photo of the Victoria Secret show to shoe the reader what has been happening recently. I slightly alter the position of each of the photos and added a selection of the same love hearts that were on the front cover to decorate the page. I added a bright orange star and wrote 'See more photos inside!' this entices the reader to buy and read the magazine. I moved the sub heading 'Inside this month...' to the left and used black font and made it bigger to read easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment